Welcome to the Village of Muttontown
Welcome to the Village of Muttontown’s updated website! We are excited to present our new look to the community and we hope that you will find it to be a useful tool in gathering information. Here is a brief overview of how to use this website:
- The most frequently searched items are in icons that go through the middle of the page.
- Across the top are important phone numbers and a request that you join our emergency services network.
- Our calendar is updated frequently with upcoming events, meetings, and important notices.
- Our Kids’ Zone, History and Trustees Corner are new additions for our residents to review and an opportunity to interact with village government officials.
- Copies of the most recent Newsletters
- Answer key to Fall 2020 Newsletter
- Pay Building Department Invoices Online
- Pay or View Property Taxes Online
- Pay Judge Massimo Village Court Fines Online
- Pay Judge Economou Village Court Fines Online
Incorporated in 1931, the Village of Muttontown is located on the North Shore of Nassau County, Long Island, New York, in the Town of Oyster Bay. It is a residential community encompassing more than 4,500 acres, bordered on the west by the Village of Brookville, on the east by the Village of Oyster Bay Cove, and on the north by East Norwich and the Village of Upper Brookville. This tranquil community, carved from former estates and the rolling hills of Long Island, is just a 25-mile commute to Manhattan.
The village is considered part of the “Gold Coast” of Long Island and consists of a vibrant and tight knit community. Muttontown is known for its nature preserves, its handsome estates and its pleasant residential character.
A Brief History
Benjamin Moore, the first mayor of Muttontown, gave the village its name. In his honor, the Board of Trustees approved a sign to placed on Muttontown Road to be given the ceremonial name of Benjamin Moore Way.